Amsterdam is so popular! The city is lucky to have many bloggers who love to extoll her charms. Here are a few (ummm…50+) of our favorite city blogs!
50 FAVORITE AMSTERDAM BLOGS
Be sure to stop by some of the best Amsterdam blogs and tell them we say hello! And don’t forget to search around our site for lots of tips for eating and drinking, things to do, museums, local events and more!
- The official city sponsored website iAmsterdam is chock full of information about Amsterdam. Everything is here – restaurants, bars, events, museums, music, activities, hotels and anything else a tourist or local might need to know about Amsterdam. The only problem we have with this site is that absolutely everything is here so sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. The site is available in English and Dutch, as well as several other languages. (Multilingual)
- Bourgondisch Amsterdam is an Amsterdam hotspot guide by two cool dudes. Jurry lives in West and Steven in Oost, so they cover the city from both sides. They have the best tips and know the coolest spots, and do it all from a much needed manly perspective. We love it! (Nederlands)
- One of the pioneering English language food bloggers in Amsterdam, Vicky Hampton writes honest, in depth reviews of her meals at Amsterdam’s restaurants and cafes on Amsterdam Foodie. We appreciate her thoroughness and thoughtfulness, and like that she visits restaurants within a range of culinary styles and price points. Now that she has published her own lunch cookbook, she can be considered a real expert in the foodie world!”(English)
- If you love food, be sure to follow Sam at BySam. She knows the newest and best spots in the city to eat, drink and have a good time. Her lists are some of my favorites and even though I am pretty on top of things around the city, I often hear about new places from Sam. I call her the “hotspot whisperer”. (Nederlands)
- Do you like to learn about history when you visit a new city? Then check out Amsterdam Old Town / Amsterdam Oudestad. This website has interesting information about the city’s streets and sights and also offers free self-guided tours. (English/Nederlands)
- Your Little Black Book is a local Amsterdam hotspot expert as well as a frequent traveler to the coolest cities around the world. Anne de Buck and her team share top tips for Amsterdam and create city guides for the places Anne visits too! Anne and her team definitely know the trendiest restaurants, cafes, shops, popups, and hotels around the world. Follow her blog and you will never wonder where to go on Friday night again! (English/Nederlands)
- Another amazing site with tips for hotspots in Amsterdam and abroad is Barts Boekje. “Bart” will tell you not only about the newest hipster havens but also classic favorites across the Netherlands, as well as in cities like Paris, New York and Antwerp. This is definitely one of my favorite blogs, I always find a new tip or two each time I take a look. And “Bart” is super clever and funny to boot. Have kids? Be sure to check out Barts Boekje Junior. (Nederlands)
- We’ve mentioned our enthusiasm for The Coffeevine before, and here we go again! Alex writes in depth articles on the best spots to drink coffee in Amsterdam and abroad. He really knows his stuff and conducts great interviews with cafe owners and baristas across town. His website shines with beautiful photos as well. He also has an awesome coffee subscription service with lovely business partner Erica. If you’re a coffee drinker, be sure to check out his site. (English)
- Citinerary is a wonderful magazine style website with beautiful photos, fascinating in depth stories and interviews with local people. They cover not only Amsterdam but also cities abroad like Bucharest, Madrid and Minneapolis. They have now published a few editions of their print magazine, and sometimes host awesome events around Amsterdam. (English)
- A new food and hotspot blog creatively organized by places you would go with your guy friends and places to go on a date with a lady, Gastroman is another of the manly blogs. Cool! (Nederlands)
- Hello Frankie is the fun blog of an Amsterdam girl who shares her latest finds in food, fashion and design. We love the different design of her site, minimalist but colorful. This is a great blog, don’t miss it! (English)
- Talk about a frequent flyer, design lover Pauline Egge seems to jet off to a different city every week! She stays at the newest boutique hotels, visits the loveliest shops and the coolest restaurants and then shares them on her website Petite Passport. Her chic tips for Amsterdam and other cities in the Netherlands are terrific and succinct and the photos are gorgeous. And if you travel a lot, her blog is a must-read! Be sure to also check out the downloadable guides filled with pretty photos. (English)
- I love reading Michelle’s reviews of restaurants, cafes and shops around Amsterdam. Story154 has a warm and friendly style that just makes the reader feel like a buddy. Every time I read her posts or tweets I find myself agreeing “oh yes! that’s my favorite too!!” Michelle focuses on the culinary gems of Amsterdam with great tips and photos. If you are a food lover be sure to check out her website. (English)
- If you’ve seen any of our posts or tweets you know we love Noord! So of course we also dig the I love Noord website(s). These sites were started by locals who wanted to create community and connection in their area, and have evolved into something of a one-stop-shop for Amsterdam Noord. The sites are full of tips for visitors and locals alike, one in Nederlands (ILoveNoord.nl) and a newer version in English (ILoveNoord.com). (English/Nederlands)
- Interior design lovers should be sure to check out Interior Junkie for all kinds of design inspiration. I especially love the “Binnenkijkers” features. (Nederlands)
- Another fun design site is Interiorator written by Patrick Kooiman. He is a Rotterdammer but often covers interesting places and events in Amsterdam too. (English)
- I know this great little place in…Amsterdam is not exactly a blog but a crowd sourced list of the latest and greatest places in the city. We like their Facebook page. Check out the tips and add your own! And we hear a cool illustrated paper map is coming soon.
- Spotted by Locals was started by a Dutch couple in Amsterdam and has since spread to more than 50 cities around the world. Check out the Spotted by Locals: Amsterdam site for fresh and different tips for the city. (English)
- On The Girl With The Blueprint you can create your own customized city map with places to drink, eat and sightsee. Short and sweet reviews of each destination are also provided. (English)
- The Pop-Up City is one of our very favorite websites of all time! They are not exactly an Amsterdam city blog but they are based in Amsterdam and often include interesting local stories. Be sure to follow them and get super inspired! (English)
- Amsterdam Alternative is an independent project run by local venues in Amsterdam providing news and information via a printed newsletter as well as online. Their agenda is terrific. Articles are in Dutch and English.
- Noni May chooses her favorite things around the city on her site Amsterdam Curated. (English/Nederlands)
- Elle Eten magazine also has a really good website with the top hotspots and restaurants in Amsterdam and around NL. (Nederlands)
- Lotte gives you the best culinary tips in Amsterdam on her terrific blog Culi-Amsterdam. You can also find her daily tips in De Metro along with Rebecca from hotspot travel blog My Travel Boektje and Rachel from De Huismuts. (Nederlands)
- Amazing photographer Andra shares her thoughts and images on her blog Amsterdamming. She also recently published a book of her stunning Amsterdam images. (English)
- Not a blog at all, but if you want to read the works of lots of microbloggers – check out Yelp.nl for useful Amsterdam reviews in English and other languages. Dutchies often use iens.nl.
- An amazing resource for parents in Amsterdam is Amsterdam Mamas. Be sure to follow and like them on Facebook for lots of great groups and discussions. (English)
- Take a look at Claire City Blog to learn about the places and events around Amsterdam that are just a little bit left of center. (English)
- Avoiding gluten? Check out the helpful blog Glutenfree Amsterdam. Lots of my favorite hotspots are there too. Yum! (English/Nederlands)
- To learn everything about cycling in Amsterdam and see amazing street photos check out Amsterdamize. This was one of the very first blogs I ever read back around 10+ years ago! Also check out collective blog Amsterdam Cycle Chic. (English)
- Stay on top of what’s new on Amsterdam’s westside by visiting BoloBoost and Nice Nieuw West. These neighborhood blogs are the best way to know what is happening in the local area. (Nederlands)
- Humans of Amsterdam is a lovely website by Debra Barraud with streetstyle portraits of Amsterdam residents. The photos are really creative and the stories make great reads. (English)
- Speak Portuguese? Be sure to check out Ducs Amsterdam for great Amsterdam tips! (Portugues)
- Love beer? Want to know the latest news on Amsterdam breweries and beer? Check out the Amsterdam Breweries site or Amsterdam Craft Beer Tours. (English)
- Photographer Dana shares her shots of Amsterdam with the followers of her blog Amsterdamian as well as on social networking sites. She’s a great photographer with an eye for the beautiful and quirky parts of the city. In addition to lovely photos you’ll also find tips for things to do and history about the city. (English)
- A lovely food and recipe blog with some local restaurant tips is Paola’s Cravings in Amsterdam. Her instagram is awesome. (English)
- Fashion, beauty, lifestyle and restaurants – all beautifully photographed. Find Igrien’s favorites on her blog The Avantguardian. (English)
- Elizabeth hails from Texas, and moved to Amsterdam about six years ago to be with her Dutchie husband. On her sassy site Welcome Thuis she shares tips to help expats feel at home in the Netherlands. (English)
- That Girl From Amsterdam is the blog of a fashion stylist. On the site she shares her fashion and lifestyle tips. Check it out! (Nederlands)
- Moderne Hippies brings you cool tips on hotspots locally and worldwide plus green lifestyle ideas. (Nederlands)
- Learn about green and sustainable initiatives in Amsterdam on the blog of Sustainable Amsterdam. (English)
- Bart, the Bon Vivant Hipster, writes terrific detailed reviews of local Amsterdam restaurants and bars. His hotspot picks are right on target. Definitely a must-read site although it hasn’t been updated this year. (English)
- Searching for a good Amsterdam spot for a cocktail or glass of wine? Visit Drink Amsterdam for the latest booze news. (English)
- Amsterdo is a website that will keep you up to date with the latest and greatest in the city. It hasn’t been updated in a while but check their social media accounts. (English)
- We have to admit we were a bit nervous to click the link to this site before we knew the true subject. Amsterdam Porn Guide is a “food porn” lover’s cheeky guide to Amsterdam’s restaurants and food scene. Photos of lovely, scantily clad models in local restaurants will make you laugh or make you excited or maybe both? The site hasn’t been updated in a while but we hope they start up again. (English)
BONUS: Amsterdam Vloggers
Video bloggers have become super popular in the past few years. Here are a few of our favorite Amsterdam vloggers:
- Amsterdam Calling explores special events and hidden places in Amsterdam in their webseries. You might even spot us in an episode or two.
- Dutchified and EveryBobby often team up to create fun and crazy videos about all kinds of things around Amsterdam including food and culture.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this introduction to some of OUR favorite Amsterdam blogs. Please let us know if we’ve missed one of YOUR favorites! We’d love to check it out.
Prefer pretty pictures and don’t want to read a bunch of blah blah about a city? Check out our favorite Amsterdam Instagram accounts!