Festive Gay Pride events take place for two weeks, with a street party and parade through the canals on Saturday the 5th. Don’t miss it!
Have you attended Gay Pride in Amsterdam yet? This is a super fun two week long event with many parties and a wild parade through the canals that must not be missed!
Don’t miss the Prinsengracht canal parade on Saturday beginning at 13:00. It’s fun and crazy! Lots of boats with costumed dancers and loud music cruise the canals and entertain onlookers on the streets and bridges. Everyone dressed in pink makes a happy and colorful crowd. Even sudden downpours of rain in past years didn’t stop the people from filling the streets.
Check this map to see the boat parade route. I have heard that this year the parade will follow a reverse route beginning at Oosterdok towards Amstel, and from there continue along Prinsengracht toward Westerdok.
Another spectacle you should be sure to catch is the Drag Queen Olympics at the homomonument near the Westerkerk. These Olympic games begin at 19:00 on Friday and includes events like the handbag toss and stiletto sprint. Sign up to participate or just cheer on the stylish athletes.
We hope to see you there, and remember to wear your pink boa!
You might also like these posts:
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- Keukenhof gardens
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- A guide to “coffeeshops” in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Vintage shopping in Amsterdam