For a unique cultural experience, check out the annual Grachtenfestival celebrating music and Amsterdam’s canals this August 14-23rd.
Music will be performed live along Amsterdam’s beautiful canals, outside on boats in the canals as well as inside canalhouses, gardens, museums, and churches. Performances include classical quartets and duets, opera, ballet, and even children’s musicals. There are also boat and walking tours of the city.
Some events are free of charge, while others are affordably priced from €6-15. To view the complete program and purchase tickets, visit the Grachtenfestival website.
Be sure not to miss the Prinsengrachtconcert in front of the Hotel Pulitzer on Saturday. This free event starts at 20:00 and lasts a few hours. It is heavenly to listen to the music while enjoying the ambiance of the lovely canals. Get there early, as people crowd the canalside while boats completely pack the surrounding waters.
Enjoy this unique Amsterdam music experience!
August 14-23, 2015
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam