Go local this holiday season and give your loved ones Amsterdam gifts! We’ve selected more than 50 of our favorite items for every recipient, from beer lovers to fashion freaks.
AMSTERDAM HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
Have fun shopping for gifts from Amsterdam for Sinterklaas, Christmas, Hannukkah, Solstice, or whatever holiday you prefer!
Food and Drink Gifts from Amsterdam
- For the coffee lover in your life, The Coffeevine monthly subscription is a terrific choice. The recipient will get a monthly selection of coffee curated with a unique theme.
- Beer makes a great gift! Drop into the Bierkoning on Paleisstraat and choose a few bottles from their 1400 special beers in stock. We also think an Oedipus Brewing or Two Chefs Brewing boxed set would be an amazing present for the microbrew fan. Visit their taproom or head to Sterk to pick up a selection of local beers.
- Chocolate is always a good gift. But what about eco-friendly chocolates by the local Chocolate Makers or slave-free chocolates from Tony’s Chocolonely?
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day they say. So start your loved ones off right with some killer Granola for Gangsters. Check out their special Christmas granola with warm spices, fruits and coconut. Better yet, give a gift that keeps giving and provide them with a subscription box.
- Cookies! Pick up a beautifully wrapped box of chocolate cookies for friends and loved ones from local cookie shop Van Stapele.
- Invited to a holiday party? A stylish bottle of vodka would make a nice hostess gift. Check out Our/Amsterdam for vodka made in Amsterdam Zuid. Or order their Bloody Christmas package for the bloody mary fans in your life.
- Head to Amsterdamse Bos to the Geitenboerderij to pick up some goat cheese for foodies you love. If you don’t feel like heading that far you can also pop into Kaaskamer van Amsterdam in the Nine Streets or one of the locations of Abraham Kef.
- Would your lover like some sausage? Sign them up for a Brandt & Levie workshop at their atelier in Amsterdam West. You can also pick up a sausage selection at local shops like Sterk, Marqt and Caulils.
- Give your loved one a Library Card. Join The Library Wine Club and get invited to their amazing weekly wine tasting events. Be sure to get one for yourself too.
- Is your gift recipient a fan of bubbles? Bubbly water that is…then check out Amsterdams Spuitwater for sparkling water in vintage style bottles. You can pick them up at their shop on Westerstraat or in stores like Sterk or the Local Goods Store.
- Drop in to the store at Brouwerij de Prael for a ton of local Amsterdam food items including craft beer, chocolates, mustards, jams and more! Don’t forget to stop in to their bar for a beer before you hit the road.
Amsterdam Gifts for the Home
- Does your friend love plants and have a balcony, garden or indoor urban jungle? Sign them up for a gardening or compost workshop with CityPlot or a macrame plant hanger workshop at Wildernis.
- Light up their life! Get them a unique lamp made from an Amsterdam elm tree by Waarmakers Ninebyfour.
- Everyone needs a shopping tote bag for those trips to the market and grocery, why not one with a cool Amsterdam print from TimCity? You can find them at the Local Goods Store.
- What’s more Amsterdam than the Vondelpark or Amsterdamse Bos? Give them a piece of Amsterdam for their kitchen with a cutting board by Stadsplank made from trees cut down in local parks.
- A piece of art from a local illustrator would make a thoughtful gift. Take a look at artists like Bodil Jane, Studio Ellessi and Joseph Segaran or browse through some of the local galleries and boutiques.
Amsterdam Books & Magazines
- Give them the gift of good meals with a cookbook from a local author. Check out Lekker Lokaal, Vicky Hampton’s Working Lunch, one of the lovely books from Yvette van Boven, or Echt Eten by Jonathan Karpathios.
- A City Made By People is a local journal with great stories from their correspondents around the globe.
- Explore your own city with books like Quiet Amsterdam and How to Avoid the Other Tourists. Or check out the Monocle Guide to Amsterdam and 500 Hidden Secrets of Amsterdam.
- History buffs might like Amsterdam by Russel Shorto or a book by Geert Mak.
- Check out the beautiful Amsterdam illustrated books by Georgien Overwater.
- Books and magazines are always in style. Hit up the American Book Center on the Spui for English language books or Mendo in the 9 straatjes. And if you want Amsterdam themed books check out the Stadsboekwinkel Amsterdam.
Stylish Amsterdam Gifts for Him + Her
- O My Bag makes handbags, wallets, laptop sleeves and more from eco leather under fair working conditions. A great bag for the guy or girl in your life. You can find them at stores like Hutspot and online.
- How about a wallet or backpack made from recycled Amsterdam market canopies? I love my durable wallet from Unbegun, I got it at the Local Goods Store.
- Help your friends exclaim their favorite foods to the world with the fun tshirts from Tastees.
- Have you heard about LENA? Sign your stylish lady friends up for a subscription to the “fashion library”. Why buy when you can borrow?
- Since it is always raining, some cool rainwear from RAINS would be a thoughtful gift. You can find their shop in the Negen Straatjes.
- What about a baseball cap with a wooden brim from local brand Two-o?
- A special fragrance makes a romantic gift. Check out the unique scents made by Abel Organics.
- Is your friend taking a winter break to somewhere sunny? Then they need some sustainable sunglasses from Dick Moby.
- Check out the Veja recycled sneakers for men and women. You can find them at Charlie + Mary in de Pijp.
- Brainy Days is offering cool gift boxes along themes that will fit your friends and colleagues.
Amsterdam Art & Cultural Gifts
- Give the gift of culture! How about a year’s membership to We Are Public or Subbacultcha?
- Art lovers will be happy with a Museumkaart. With it they can visit more than 400 museums across the Netherlands.
- Is your friend or relative a movie lover? Get them a Cineville pass for free films at some of the best theaters in Amsterdam.
- Perhaps your friend would like to learn to paint or draw. Sign them up for a course at the Vondelpark Atelier.
- Give a gift and receive one yourself. Get two tickets to an upcoming event at the Concertgebouw.
Amsterdam Gifts for Bicycling
- They won’t lose their bike in a crowd again with a new colorful seat from Heer Zadel. Or what about a seat cover with watermelons all over it! Or maybe you prefer kissing lips? These black and white X’s are a bit more subtle.
- Do they need a new bicycle? Knock their socks off with a retro style Lekker Bike. Or check out the cool city bikes from VanMoof and gorgeous Veloretti.
- Every Amsterdammer needs a loud bell to scare tourists out of the bike path. What about one that makes a crazy fire engine siren? But seriously, here are some lovely and loud bicycle bells that will do the trick.
- Make their bike seat way more comfy with a soft sheep wool seat cover.
- Two-0 makes a fancy wooden bike crate that holds a cup/beer and an umbrella. Handy dandy chicken candy!
We hope this gift guide has given you some inspiration for your holiday shopping for loved ones, or just for you! Be sure to also check out our guide to shopping in Amsterdam museum gift shops.
PIN IT FOR LATER
You might also like these posts:
- Amsterdam Light Festival
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 13 Amsterdam secrets
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Cozy cafes with fireplaces
- Vegan & vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- 18 coolest libraries in Amsterdam
- 12 fun things to do in winter
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam