Go local this holiday season and give your loved ones Amsterdam gifts! We’ve selected 40 of our favorite items for every recipient, from beer lovers to fashion freaks.
AMSTERDAM HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
Have fun shopping for gifts from Amsterdam for Sinterklaas, Christmas, Hannukkah, Solstice, or whatever holiday you prefer!
Food and Drink Gifts from Amsterdam
- For the coffee lover in your life, The Coffeevine monthly subscription is a terrific choice. The recipient will get a monthly selection of coffee curated with a unique theme.
- Beer makes a great gift! Drop into the Bierkoning on Paleisstraat and choose a few bottles from their 1400 special beers in stock. Or head to the Beer Tree and pick up a growler for the perfect host gift. We also think the Oedipus Brewing boxed set would be an amazing present for the microbrew fan.
- Chocolate is always a good gift. But what about eco-friendly chocolates by the local Chocolate Makers or slave-free chocolates from Tony’s Chocolonely?
- Cookies! Order a beautifully wrapped box of holiday cookies for friends and loved ones from local baker Wake & Bake.
- Invited to a holiday party? A stylish bottle of vodka would make a nice hostess gift. Check out Our/Amsterdam for vodka made in Amsterdam Zuid. Or order their Bloody Christmas package for the bloody mary fans in your life.
- Would your lover like some sausage? Sign them up for a Brandt & Levie workshop at their atelier in Amsterdam West. You can also pick up a sausage selection at local shops like Sterk, Marqt and Caulils.
- Give your loved one a Library Card. Join The Library Wine Club and get invited to their amazing weekly wine tasting events. Be sure to get one for yourself too.
- Some like it hot! Get in touch with Orale Taqueria Amsterdam to get your hands on their new hot sauces.
- If you are a fan of Amsterdam, send the Amsterdam Box to your friends and family. The boxes have a selection of wonderful Amsterdam products with sweet stories behind them.
- Drop in to the store at Brouwerij de Prael for a ton of local Amsterdam food items including craft beer, chocolates, mustards, jams and more!
Amsterdam Gifts for the Home
- Does your friend love plants and have a balcony, garden or indoor urban jungle? Sign them up for a gardening workshop with CityPlot or a macrame plant hanger workshop at Wildernis.
- Light up their life! Get them a unique lamp made from an Amsterdam elm tree by Waarmakers Ninebyfour.
- Everyone needs a shopping tote bag for those trips to the market and grocery, why not one with a cool Amsterdam print from TimCity? You can find them at the Local Goods Store.
- What’s more Amsterdam than the Vondelpark or Amsterdamse Bos? Give them a piece of Amsterdam for their kitchen with a cutting board by Stadsplank made from trees cut down in local parks.
- A piece of art from a local illustrator would make a thoughtful gift. Take a look at artists like Bodil Jane, Studio Ellessi and Joseph Segaran or browse through some of the local galleries.
- Give them the gift of good meals with a cookbook from a local author. Check out Lekker Lokaal, Vicky Hampton’s Working Lunch, one of the lovely books from Yvette van Boven, or Echt Eten by Jonathan Karpathios.
- Books and magazines are always in style. Hit up the American Book Center on the Spui or Mendo in the 9 straatjes.
- Yay Health Store & More has amazing lovely scented candles that can also be used as massage oil after they melt.
Stylish Amsterdam Gifts for Him + Her
- O My Bag makes handbags, wallets, laptop sleeves and more from eco leather under fair working conditions. A great bag for the guy or girl in your life. You can find them at stores like Hutspot and online.
- Help your friends exclaim their favorite foods to the world with the fun tshirts from Tastees.
- Have you heard about LENA? Sign your stylish lady friends up for a subscription to the “fashion library”. Why buy when you can borrow?
- A special fragrance makes a romantic gift. Check out the unique scents made by Abel Organics.
- Is your friend taking a winter break to somewhere sunny? Then they need some sustainable sunglasses from Dick Moby.
- Check out the Veja recycled sneakers for men and women. You can find them at Charlie + Mary in de Pijp or de Hallen.
- Brainy Days is offering cool gift boxes along themes that will fit your friends and colleagues.
Amsterdam Art & Cultural Gifts
- Give the gift of culture! How about a year’s membership to We Are Public or Subbacultcha?
- Art lovers will be happy with a Museumkaart. With it they can visit more than 400 museums across the Netherlands.
- Is your friend or relative a movie lover? Get them a Cineville pass for free films at some of the best theaters in Amsterdam.
- Perhaps your friend would like to learn to paint or draw. Sign them up for a course at the Vondelpark Atelier.
- Give a gift and receive one yourself. Get two tickets to an upcoming event at the Concertgebouw.
Amsterdam Gifts for Bicycling
- They won’t lose their bike in a crowd again with a new colorful seat from Heer Zadel
- Do they need a new bicycle? Knock their socks off with a gorgeous retro style Lekker Bike.
- Two-0 makes a fancy wooden bike crate that holds a cup/beer and an umbrella. Handy dandy chicken candy!
We hope this gift guide has given you some inspiration for your holiday shopping for loved ones, or just for you! Be sure to also check out our guide to shopping in Amsterdam museum gift shops.