Anyone who is interested in architecture or curious about the city should drop into ARCAM. An information point with maps, waking routes, and architecture literature, ARCAM is housed in an eye-catching building designed by Rene van Zuuk.
ARCAM • LEARN ABOUT AMSTERDAM ARCHITECTURE
The interesting modern design of the ARCAM Amsterdam building will surely capture your attention. The curving aluminum structure houses the Architectuurcentrum Amsterdam, a place where you can learn about the history of the city and pick up architecture maps and books as well as 3d printed gifts and other items.
Visitors can read about the city and plan their walking routes on interactive touch screens on the main floor.
Don’t miss the fantastic views of NEMO, Het Scheepvaartmuseum and Clipper Stad Amsterdam through the glass windows on the water side of ARCAM Amsterdam.
Through April 2016 you can also view the exposition of light sculptures, which are also for sale. Check their agenda for special activities, architecture discussions, and excursions about Amsterdam architecture.
Prins Hendrikkade 600, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 13 Amsterdam secrets
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam