In its previous life, Canvas was the lunchroom for workers at De Volkskrant newspaper. It has now been transformed into a cool rooftop bar, restaurant and club.
CANVAS • GO CLUBBING AT THE VOLKSHOTEL
Head to Canvas op de 7e any time of day. Have breakfast and watch the sunrise and stay until the early morning and watch it come up again. Canvas serves lunch and dinner and then turns into a club around midnight or so.
The views from the rooftop terrace are amazing. Canvas regularly hosts DJs and other events so be sure to check out their Facebook page for the latest news.
In the basement of the Volkshotel you will find DOKA, a cocktail bar and nightclub. Sounds good! And across from the Volkshotel you can also dine at the new Restaurant C or sleep at the Student Hotel.
Canvas at the Volkshotel
Wibautstraat 150, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands