Stop in at De Stadskantine for a good deal on simple food that will make your tummy happy.
DE STADSKANTINE • A RELAXED PLACE FOR A MEAL
Are you a student or freelancer who does not have an office to go to every day? Does it make you jealous when you hear stories from your friends about the free or cheap lunch they are provided daily at their office kantine?
Then stop in at De Stadskantine for a good deal on simple food that will make your tummy happy.
Offering basic breakfasts, sandwiches for lunch, and a meat, fish or veggie meal for dinner, De Stadskantine is a relaxed place to get good food any time. The “Combi” meals are perhaps the best deal, combining fresh juice, croissant, jam and an egg for breakfast, or soup and sandwich at lunch. You can order the main dinner dishes for under €9, or get the Combi including dessert and a drink for around €15.
While the food at Stadskantine is simple, it is not boring. The sandwiches are creative and tasty, everything is fresh and well spiced. The laid-back ambiance attracts everyone from neighborhood moms to freelancers with their laptops.
So what makes this place different from a regular cafe or restaurant? There is no table service. You order at the counter, get your own tableware, and bus your dirty dishes when finished. No fuss, just good food.
Oh and be aware, they only take PIN and credit cards, no cash.
Van Woustraat 120, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands