Come check out this awesome market with locally made items at De Hallen in Amterdam Oud-West. Coffee, ice cream, jewelry, lamps, clothing and more!
LOCAL GOODS WEEKEND MARKET • SHOP FOR GIFTS, SNACKS & MORE
Check our agenda or their Facebook page to see when the next one takes place.
There are many interesting things to taste and buy at this wonderful new market but if you need another reason to go, it’s a great opportunity to check out De Hallen. Tramremise de Hallen are the restored tram depots that are now being used as a hotel, public library, offices and shops and of course De Foodhallen. These historic buildings are lovely and full of light.
The first Local Goods Weekend Market in April 2014 was a success and now you can find the market there every once in a while on the weekend. If the market is not happening you can still check out Amsterdam products here at the terrific Local Goods Store.
At the markets we’ve found tasty food and drink as well as terrific local Amsterdam designers with a wide variety of products. Some of our favorite vendors included:
- Butcher’s Tears: local brewery with different and delicious beers
- Lot Sixty One Coffee: their shop is just around the corner from De Hallen
- Professor Grunschnabel: vegan ice cream might sound boring but these creative flavors are anything but
- The Upcycle: cool things made from recycled bike tires and bicycle junk
- Keukenbende: all kinds of homemade goodies to try, plus recipes
- TIM City: shirts and totes with a big Amsterdam graphic, we love!
And the next edition of the Local Goods Weekend Market promises to be even better with more terrific participants. Check it out!
Local Goods Weekend Market
Tramremise de Hallen
Hannie Dankbaar Passage 33, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands