This Mexican chain of restaurants serves up some of the tastiest margaritas in the city!
LOS PILONES • MARGARITAS Y MAS
If you find yourself craving a tasty margarita, head to one of the Los Pilones outposts scattered around the center of Amsterdam. Whether you prefer your margaritas blended, on the rocks, with salt, or without, Los Pilones will satisfy your desire. They offer flavored margaritas as well that are not too sweet, in strawberry or mango versions. Order a big pitcher to share or just get one for yourself, we love that the single serving comes with an additional tiny pitcher for topping off your drink. These margaritas are very generous and quite reasonably priced. They pack a punch though, ¡cuidado!
In addition to the best margaritas in town, Los Pilones has an excellent selection of Mexican beers and tequilas, including their house brand of tequila.
When it comes to Mexican food, we admit to being a bit snobbish. At Los Pilones, as with other Mexican restaurants in the Netherlands, portions tend to be on the smaller side and prices on the high side in our opinion. But the food at Los Pilones is very tasty and as close to authentic as you can get at most places in Amsterdam. Try the tacos, enchiladas or the nachos and be sure to get some chips and fresh salsa with your drinks.
All three locations are small and cozy so we’d recommend making reservations if you plan to dine, especially on the weekends.
Geldersekade 111, Amsterdam
Kerkstraat 63, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands