Ooh la la! Let’s go to Paris for the weekend! Just a quick trip from Amsterdam on the train, Paris is a perfect three or four day holiday getaway.
PARIS: Weekend Trip from Amsterdam
Catch the Thalys high speed train from Amsterdam Centraal that will whiz you to Paris Gare du Nord in just over 3 hours. If you plan ahead you can find tickets as low as €30!
Where to stay in Paris? Many people love Montmartre (18th Arr) and the Marais (3rd & 4th Arr) for their romantic ambiance. For a quick weekend trip you might want to stay in a convenient location like the the 1st, 2nd or 9th arrondisments.
Is this your first trip to Paris? Then you will likely want to visit as many of her famous sights as you can in one weekend. Tour Eiffel, Champs-Élysées, a riverboat cruise on the Seine, Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre Museum.
However if you have been to Paris before it is time to explore the many hidden corners and secret surprises of this pretty city. Here are a few of my favorite spots and traveler tips!
Favorite Paris Blogs, Books, Websites and Guides
Paris has so many great guides, blogs and books written about it, which can make it overwhelming when beginning to research where to go and what to eat. Here are a few of my favorite resources.
- Prêt à Voyager – Anne Ditmeyer is an American woman who has been living in Paris for more than 10 years. She has a fun blog and Instagram and also has lists of favorite Paris addresses organized by arrondissement and even a guide to frugal Paris. Anne also leads private tours, you can contact her for more information.
- Messy Nessy Chic – one of my favorite websites of all time! Vanessa curates a quirky mix of the weird and wonderful. Her Paris guide has every strange secret you could possibly want to know. She just came out with a book as well called Don’t be a Tourist in Paris.
- My Little Paris – an authority on shopping, fashion and dining in Paris, this website founded by two French sisters offers sweet tips for locals and visitors alike. I must admit my main attraction to the site is due to the illustrations by Kanako Kuno. They are just so charming!
- How can you go wrong with a book like The Food Lovers Guide to Paris under your arm?
- David Lebovitz – this American chef and food writer lives in Paris and keeps a terrific list of his favorite Paris restaurants that should get you drooling. He’s also got Paris travel tips and 10 delicious things you should eat in Paris.
- Discover all of the flea markets and hidden street stalls with this guide to the Markets of Paris.
- Pauline of Petit Passport has an eye for good design, and her travel tips are for the sleekest hotspots in town. Check out the Paris section of her site or purchase her Paris Guide.
- Check out the excellent neighborhood guides of Secrets of Paris.
- Get excited to explore with this book on the Curiosities of Paris.
Interesting Things To Do in Paris
The above blogs should keep you busy with things to do in Paris, but in case you need a bit of inspiration to get started, here are some of my favorite activities.
- Take a bike ride along the Seine, on the weekends many of the roads are closed to cars.
- Visit the Montmartre Museum and afterward wander the charming neighborhood on your own or with a walking tour
- Check out the Louis Vuitton Foundation and then walk through the Bois de Boulogne park. Get tickets here.
- Take a day trip to Versailles, rent bikes and have a picnic.
- Walk through the pretty neighborhoods of Marais and Beaubourg.
- A food tour is always a good idea. Join this walking food tour and taste artisan products in Paris’ best shops.
- What’s more French than wine tasting? Do a wine tasting through the regions of France in Paris.
- Visit the food markets of Paris like Marché Aligre, Marché Belleville and Marché des Enfants-Rouges. A great place to pick up a picnic for a bike ride, boat ride or the park!
- Create your own custom perfume from more than 90 essences at Maison Mollinard.
- Go to the famous St Ouen Flea Market and get the inside scoop on the best bargains from your guide.
- Take a Paris craft beer walking tour for something totally different.
Have fun on your weekend getaway to Paris from Amsterdam!
For more fun trips in Europe and abroad, check out The Weekend Guide! And check out our favorite day trips and getaways around Amsterdam!
These cool books will help you make the most of your trip to Paris:
You might also like these posts:
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- Antwerp: Weekend trip from Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- A guide to “coffeeshops” in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam