Salmuera combines flavors from Latin America in their food and drinks menu. Enjoy grilled meats, ceviche, empanadas and wash it down with a tasty cocktail or two.
SALMUERA AMSTERDAM • LATIN FUSION WITH DELICIOUS COCKTAILS
Located in the space that previously housed Chow and NghiaxNghia, Salmuera is similar in that they pull flavors from many Latin American countries the way Chow did with Asia. “Salmuera” is a brine that is used to tenderize and flavor meat. So it is no surprise that the menu is heavy on the grilled meats.
The interior of the restaurant is large, but split into several smaller areas so that it keeps a cozy feeling. Lots of dark wood, flickering candles and cool decor touches make for a romantic ambiance. In nice weather take a seat outside on their terrace between the trees and vines.
While the food menu has a lot to offer, Salmuera really shines with their cocktails. The creative concoctions are strong in flavor but still bright and refreshing. Try the How Do You Like Them Pineapples and the Margarita Salmuera. Both have a smoky undertone from mescal. Lovely!
The cheese empanadas are very good and the I also really enjoyed their ceviches, and I am a ceviche snob!
Rozengracht 106, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam