Are you looking for a clever tee shirt, creative pillows to decorate your sofa, or perhaps a handmade outfit for your baby? If so, head to the Sunday Market!
SUNDAY MARKET • SHOP, SNACK AND RELAX THIS SUNDAY
The Sunday market is the place to go for creative and handmade items. It’s fun to browse the stands and see what lovely and clever things people have come up with. Unique jewelry, interesting lamps, adorable baby clothing, locally made rain gear, creative pillows…there is always something cool at the Sunday Market.
Held the first Sunday of each month in Westerpark, plus special holiday markets. Check our agenda for the upcoming dates.
The Sunday Market fills the square next to the Westergasfabriek and also continues indoors. People come from all over the city to stroll around with their family and friends, especially on a sunny day or around Christmas time. The market really is a fabulous place to buy unique gifts for everyone on your list.
In addition to the many items for sale there is also a variety of delicious food and drinks on offer. Ice cream, tacos, poffertjes, sandwiches, gluwijn, and cupcakes are just some of the snacks to be sampled.
If you don’t feel like eating while walking the market there are several cafes located right there in Westerpark where you can sit and have a bite. De Bakkerswinkel is always popular and has a large terrace for those wonderful sunny days. Pacific Parc is very roomy indoors and their terrace is smack in the middle of the market for great people watching. Or grab a coffee at Espressofabriek or ice cream at IJscuypje.
Haarlemmerweg 8-10, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands