It’s raining! You probably don’t feel like sitting on a terrace or strolling around town or going on a boat ride along the canals. So what should you do?
Here are some of our tips for enjoyable ways to spend those rare (haha) rainy autumn days in Amsterdam.
Things To Do On a Rainy Day in Amsterdam
- Hop on the ferry (be sure to squeeze inside where it is dry) and head over to the North side. Maybe check out the EYE Museum or catch a film in their theaters. You can even have lunch, dinner or just a slice of pie in the cafe with huge windows overlooking the water. Or pop over to THT for some food and drinks. You can also head up to the top of the Toren for gray views over the city.
- A rainy day is the perfect time to soak up some culture while keeping dry. We love Amsterdam’s small museums but if you want to spend a rainy day indoors you can always museum hop at Museumplein. Check out the Stedelijk, the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum. They are just a few steps away from each other so you should be able to avoid getting drenched. If you’d like to have a bite to eat, check out our guide to dining around Museumplein.
- De Hallen in Amsterdam West is a terrific place to spend a rainy day. You can shop in stores like Local Goods Store and have some food at De Foodhallen or one of the local restaurant. You can even catch a movie at De Filmhallen. All without stepping outdoors.
- Go for a coffee or tea with a friend and have a long chat while outside it is raining cats and dogs. Check out some of our favorite coffee places in Amsterdam.
- What better way to chase the rainy day blues away than with a few tasty beers? Head to Arendsnest or In de Wildeman for a huge selection of craft beers that will keep you entertained for many hours. When you go outside again you might not even notice the raindrops.
Check our agenda for more ideas!