About Awesome Amsterdam
Awesome Amsterdam is an independent project run by locals living in this amazing city. Our objective is to provide readers with valuable and reliable information on events, eating, drinking, culture and practical tips in Amsterdam. We love to discover the best things in and around Amsterdam, and share those secrets with you!
Our picks are truly our personal recommendations. We try to focus on the positive and bring you our favorite places and things to do in Amsterdam. We don’t share something unless we think it’s absolutely AWESOME!
Check out all the corners of our website, and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ to find out the latest and greatest. And please let us know if you’ve made a great discovery we haven’t tried yet, we love checking out new places.
Shoshannah is the founder of Awesome Amsterdam. A California native transplanted in the Netherlands, she loves exploring and trying new things. In a bustling vibrant city like Amsterdam there is always something interesting and delightful to see, taste or do. Join us as we discover the many secrets of Amsterdam!
Have a great Amsterdam tip you’d like to share? Interested in partnering up or advertising with us? We’d love to hear from you! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to share our stats if you are interested.
All text and images are © Awesome Amsterdam unless otherwise noted. Please do not use text, images or ideas without prior permission and please be sure to link back to us. Bedankt! If you’d like to use our images for your website or publication we are happy to discuss it with you. Just drop us an email.
Have you seen some snazzy illustrations on this site? I made them! 🙂 If you’d like to use them or get your own custom artwork or illustrated map, drop me an email. You can also check out my portfolio at shoshannahscribbles.com
Sometimes we use stock photos or images from a place we cover. If you see your image on our site and want it removed or the credit information changed, please contact us. Thank you!
7 Tools We Use
Want to start your own blog? Perhaps you are simply curious about the tools we use to keep this site up and running. If you have any specific questions, feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com.
- Cellphone: Most of my Instagram (and Facebook) photos are taken with an iPhone 6. Wanna see them? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook! (older photos are taken with older iPhones…I’ve had them all I think haha except the 2)
- Camera: I recently got a new (used) camera: a Canon EOS 650D. LOVE IT! Prior to that I had a Canon PowerShot S110. I would highly recommend the 650D and the S110. I use a 18-55mm kit lens, a 50mm prime lens (nifty 50), and a 35mm prime lens. The prime lenses are super fun. I’d love more prime lenses. Canon, are you reading this? 🙂
- Platform: This website is built on WordPress with a theme by Themeforest. The current theme is Anne Alison by AngryGorilla. Other blogs I follow use Squarespace, which is simpler to use and looks great. It’s perfect for those with little to no technical experience or interest. WordPress can be a little more complicated but is more flexible as you grow.
- Hosting: This website is hosted at GoDaddy. I don’t recommend them. Try NameCheap or BlueHost!
- Photoshop: Sometimes I use Photoshop to edit my photos but mostly I am too lazy. I often use it to add text to images for listicles. I occasionally use Illustrator too.
- Computer: I use a MacBook Air for everything! Apple, do you want to sponsor me? I’d be totally cool with that.
- Google: I use Google Analytics to track stats on the site, and have a few Adsense banner ads too.
That’s about it! If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch.
Are you a beginning blogger? Take a look at these 10 courses that might help you learn how to build an amazing blog.
ABOUT ADVERTISING & AFFILIATE LINKS
You might notice advertisements and affiliate links on this site. We work with a variety of partners to share cool activities, tickets, lodgings and more with our readers. If you click and visit any of these affiliate links or ads we might earn a referral fee – at no additional cost to you. If you do click and purchase – thank you! I really appreciate it!
We work with networks like Google Ads, which provide display ads related to the information on this site or based on your browsing history.
These ad partners can sometimes use third-party cookies to track your browsing behavior so that they might serve relevant ads to you. Please rest assured that I do not collect or store any of your personal data or know your browsing history…and I would never want to. Who has time for that?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
Again, if you click any affiliate links on this site you will not be charged any extra fees – you may even receive a discount – but I might be eligible to receive a small fee for referring you. Of course I will only recommend things that I hope might be useful to you. 🙂
Wanna buy this website? Make me an offer at firstname.lastname@example.org