Go beyond the typical late night doner kebab and discover the real Turkish cuisine at Ali Ocakbasi.
ALI OCAKBASI • TURKISH DELIGHTS ON AN AMSTERDAM CANAL
Head to Ali for lunch or dinner and an empty stomach. Begin with a selection of starters and fresh bread to share. We loved the çiğ köfte, raw meat mixed with bulgur, herbs and spices, and the abbaganus, an eggplant and yogurt dip.
Be sure to try something from the ocakbasi (grill) as well. The Ali kebap and Sislik kebap were our favorites. Wrap the meat up in fresh flatbread and add salad greens and kuru cacik. Delicious!
Follow your meal with some traditional Turkish tea and sweets like künefe.
Do you love the flavors of Turkey? A meal at Ali is like a quick trip to Istanbul!
If you are a fan of Turkish cuisine, be sure to also try the Turkish brunch at Theatercafe Mozaiek. Fantastic!
Herengracht 558, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands