The third annual Amsterdam Film Week is from 28th of October to November 3rd 2013. A variety of international films will be shown at theaters around the city. Don’t miss it!
Nearly 40 different films will be shown during Amsterdam Film Week, as well as a variety of events and parties. For a full list of events and films, check the Amsterdam Film Week website.
AMSTERDAM FILM WEEK • AWARD WINNING FILMS
- Laurence Anyways: bohemian lifestyles and sex change are the subject of this film about lovers Laurence and Fred
- Melancholia: a mysterious blue planet hurtles toward earth on the evening of a wedding
- Het Meisje en de Dood: a doctor learns about love and death in this Dutch award winning film
- Dead Man Walking: well-known film about a man on death row starring Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn
- Jagten: Danish film about a man wrongly accused of sexually assaulting a little girl
- Trouble with the Curve: baseball is theme of this feel-good film starring Clint Eastwood
- Caesar Must Die: inmates in a Roman prison perform Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar
- The Iron Lady: award winning movie with Meryl Streep portraying an elderly Margaret Thatcher
De Balie and Pathé City are lovely theaters across from each other at the Leidseplein. Het Ketelhuis is located in Westerpark.
Small Gartmanplantsoen 15-19, Amsterdam
Kleine Gartmanplantsoen 10, Amsterdam
Pazzanistraat 4, Amsterdam
Tickets can be purchased online or at the box offices. Note that at the box office you can only pay with PIN card.
Buying tickets online will save you €0,50! Purchase tickets online via the Amsterdam Film Week website. You can buy tickets online up to a half hour before the film. The tickets will be sent via email and can be printed yourself.
Ticket prices are €10 online, plus €0,50 transaction cost and €11 at the box office.
Pathé Unlimited Card, Pathé and Cinéville discount passes are unfortunately not accepted at Amsterdam Film Week 2013.
Let’s go to the movies!