What is better than world-class art combined with music, food and drinks? Join us for Amsterdam Museum Night on the first Saturday in November each year!
AMSTERDAM MUSEUMNACHT • EXPERIENCE THE MUSEUMS AT NIGHT
Saturday November 3th, Amsterdam’s museums and cultural institutions will stay open past 2:00 in the morning and welcome thousands of visitors with music, performances, food and drinks.
In previous years Amsterdam Museum Night attracted more than 27,000 visitors. This year more than 50 local museums will host unique and amazing events during the 19th annual Museum Night.
The evening starts at 19:00 and goes until 2:00. Visitors can travel from museum to museum to view temporary and permanent exhibits, stopping for a glass of wine and a snack or to dance to live music. The locations are easy to reach by bicycle or tram, check the website for the program and suggested routes.
Museumnacht Events and Locations
This year Museumnacht will have new locations and many new and exciting events. But with more than 50 museums and locations, helaas pindakaas you probably can’t do it all in one night. Check the program and plan your route. But stay open to interesting exhibits and events along the way!
Tickets are priced at €19,95, which includes entry to almost 300 events as well as free public transport from 18:00 to 6:00 during that night. Unfortunately the Museumkaart and iAmsterdam cards are not valid for this event.
Tickets and the program can be found at museumnacht.amsterdam. Tickets can be purchased via the Museumnacht website starting September 27th. Note that you can only pay via iDEAL so get a Dutch friend to help purchase your ticket if you don’t have a local bank account. Another option is to buy tickets second hand on sites like Marktplaats or TicketSwap.
Each year Museumnacht sells out, so get your ticket early and start your route planning! Some of our favorite places to check out:
- The gardens of Hortus are magical at night and the greenhouses are warm and cozy
- It is super fun to explore the interactive exhibits at NEMO Science Center
- Het Grachtenhuis often hosts a canal boat ride. Get in the line early!
- Het Scheepvaartmuseum is fun at night with the roof all lit up and they always have great music to dance to
- Cocktail time at Stedelijk Museum!
We hope to see you at Amsterdam Museumnacht!
You might also like these posts:
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- A guide to “coffeeshops” in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam