ARTZUID 2017 takes place from 19 May – 17 September on the Apollolaan, Minervalaan, Zuidas and the Museumplein in Amsterdam. Take a walk or a cycle ride along the route to view the artworks.
ARTZUID is free and accessible day and night. Take a walk or a cycle along the route to view the sculptural artworks. You can reach the art route using public transit from Station Zuid or tram 2, 5, 16, 24 and 25. Go on your own or join a guided tour.
My favorite piece from 2015 was the tree with parakeets by 12 year old Rosa Heeroma. Many people say that Jaume Plensa’s DUNA is their favorite. There are 70 great sculptures to see. And don’t miss the informational boards about Plan Zuid and the architecht Berlage along Minervalaan.
The impressive list of artists includes Picasso, Bruno Gironcoli, KAWS, Michael Craig-Martin, John Chamberlain, Mimmo Paladino, Tony Cragg, Klaas Gubbels and many more.
Bring a picnic or walk your dog along the route. Or maybe grab a coffee, brunch or a drink in the neighborhood.
The next ArtZuid will take place the summer of 2019.
19 May – 17 September, 2017
You might also like these posts:
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands