Bakers and Roasters is a breakfast, brunch and lunch spot with delicious New Zealand flair.
BAKERS & ROASTERS • COLORFUL CAFE FOR BRUNCH & LUNCH
This addition to Amsterdam’s breakfast and lunch scene is a welcome blast of fresh air from New Zealand. With friendly international owners and staff hailing from New Zealand and Brazil (by way of London and California), the menu incorporates flavors from around the world.
Along with carefully crafted coffees, juices and smoothies, Bakers & Roasters serves a mouthwatering array of breakfast and lunch goodies at their cafes in De Pijp and now in the center too at Kadijksplein. The unassuming entrance leads to a bright and cheerful interior, decorated in white and aqua with a splash of pink. Check out the adorable pillows with iconic Brazilian and Kiwi themes and the lovely green wall of plants in the rear.
Try the traditional Kiwi style meat pie, or the other flaky pastries filled with savory combinations of eggs, veggies and meats. The mixed roasted veggies make a filling side dish. The huevos rancheros are a popular brunch choice as well as the French toast with bacon and bananas.
For a more typical Dutch lunch, order one of their sandwiches. Try the bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato (BLAT) or salmon with cream cheese on toast. Changing daily, the creative salads are absolutely delicious. Get just one as a side dish or combine two or three as a main course to make a fabulous lunch. I love their spinach salad with bacon and the quinoa salad with dried fruits and avocado.
Kiwis know their coffee and Bakers & Roasters makes a mean flat white and other great espresso drinks. Sample their fresh juices and smoothies for a healthy libation, we love the green juice bursting with vegetable goodness.
Don’t miss the delicious freshly baked desserts. Their chocolate chip cookie with almonds and apricots is our favorite cookie in Amsterdam. The carrot cake is moist and sweet, the guinness chocolate cake is divine, and the gluten-free almond orange cake is on the list for next time. And we’re always back for more!
• Have you heard the GREAT news? Bakers & Roasters opened a second location at the Kadijksplein! And be sure to check out their sister restaurant Los Feliz on Albert Cuypstraat •
Bakers & Roasters
Eerste Jacob van Campenstraat 54, Amsterdam
Kadijksplein 16, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands