Meat lovers rejoice! Bar Brouw is offering up some tasty BBQ and beers in Oud West. Come check it out! [closed]
BAR BROUW • SMOKED MEATS, CRAFT BEER & WHISKEY
If you love meat, you will likely be a fan of Bar Brouw. These cafes are inspired by BBQ joints in the USA, complete with smoked meats and American beers.
We’be sampled many of the offerings on the short but sweet menu and were not disappointed. The pulled pork sandwich is hearty and super delicious. Served up on a soft bun and piled with coleslaw, the meat was juicy and tender. The smoked pork belly and ribs are also favorites and come with two sides at dinnertime. Typically we are not fans of baked beans, but Brouw makes mighty good ones, if not totally traditional. Bar Brouw also serves a few vegetarian dishes so your meatless friends won’t be left out.
Don’t forget to ask for some extra sauce on the side. We couldn’t decide if the BBQ sauce or the chipotle sauce was tastier.
Bar Brouw also has some nice brews on tap and in bottles for those beer lovers among us. We love Anchor Steam, the true San Francisco treat – or go for a local brew. They also have a good whiskey selection.
Open for lunch and dinner, or just beer and snacks. But make a reservation, it gets packed both in and outdoors!
Note the Oost location of Bar Brouw is now closed. Hopefully they will find another spot in Oost soon.
Ten Katestraat 16, Amsterdam
[map height=”200″ skin=”gray” disable_scrollwheel=”1″][pin icon=”https://awesomeamsterdam.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/map_pin_X-copy.png” pin center=”1″]Ten Katestraat 16, Amsterdam[/pin][/map]
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands