A friendly spot for a bite to eat or a drink, Bar Spek is a great local café that is worth traveling to.
BAR SPEK • NEIGHBORHOOD HOTSPOT ALL DAY LONG
Maybe when you hear the name Bar Spek you think everything on the menu will be made of bacon. Not so, but there are plenty of savory delights.
For breakfast, try the “Spek” breakfast with fried potatoes, beans, sausage, egg, and bread, the American style pancakes with fruit jam, or the scrambled eggs with porcini mushrooms. During lunch you will find a variety of small pizzas, yummy sandwiches, soups and salads. Breakfast and lunch are served all day until 16:00.
In the evening, Bar Spek serves up gourmet dinners in addition to borrel snacks. You can still get pizza and salad, but the portions are larger. Main dishes change seasonally but include wild boar with risotto, gnocchi with roasted pumpkin, and dorade fish with salad. After enjoying your meal and maybe a dessert like lemon cheesecake with raspberries, relax and stay awhile with a glass of wine or a beer.
Bar Spek is simple but lovely inside with big windows and lots of fresh flowers. In the summer months they have a huge terrace on the canal. Please mind the signs when you are parking your bicycle, and don’t piss off the neighbors by blocking their doors and windows.
Located on the edge of the hip Baarsjes neighborhood, Bar Spek is just a quick trip up De Clercqstraat from the center. Well worth the journey!
Admiraal de Ruijterweg 1, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands