If you stand where the Reguliersgracht meets Herengracht you can count 14 other bridges into the distance if you look in every direction!
Amsterdam’s Bridge of 15 Bridges
The bridge is called “brug van 15 bruggen”. There are six visible bridges to the left up Herengracht, and six arches down Reguliersgracht.
The view might be best seen from the water level on a boat, but you can definitely see quite a few bridges even from the top. If you take a canal cruise they may not mention it, but if you know where to look you can spot the bridges in every direction.
The spot where Reguliersgracht crosses the Keizersgracht is known as the Seven Bridges. In my opinion this is even prettier than the 15 bridges view.
There is a small hotel located there with the same name that would be a charming place to sleep, and you would have the best access to the spot for early morning and late night photography!
The views can be most spectacular at night when the bridges are lit up, but of course in the day time it is lovely as well.
Just a little hint for something to see when you are strolling or boating around the city! Enjoy!
Are you a photographer or a super fan of Instagram? Take a look at some of our favorite Amsterdam Instagrammers!
You might also like these posts:
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- Keukenhof gardens
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Vintage clothing shops in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam