A sunny spot waits for you at Cafe de Walvis in the Spaarndammerbuurt. Go for lunch, drinks or the delicious burger!
CAFE DE WALVIS • FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPOT WITH TASTY FOOD
With plenty of seating outside and a spacious cafe indoors, Cafe de Walvis has a place for you. Stop by for lunch, dinner or just drinks and enjoy the laid back ambiance.
There’s always something fun happening at this neighborhood cafe. Mondays are “MASBA” (MaandagAvondSpeciaalBierAvond) where you can get three of their specialty beers for €7,50. The last Tuesday of the month is pub quiz night and there are regular movie nights, visiting chefs on the last Saturday of the month and other activities happening all the time. Check the Walvis agenda for the latest events.
The burger at Cafe de Walvis is so good that it could become an addiction and leave you looking like a walvis yourself. It really might be the best in the city, huge and flavorful with fries on the side. Yummy! But Walvis also offers a vegetarian burger as well as other delectable dishes like fresh ravioli homemade across the street at Holy Ravioli, delicious salads, and a wide range of borrelhapjes including sausage from Brandt & Levie just up the road.
Friendly service, relaxed ambiance and delicious food are the reasons we’ll be back at Walvis soon. See you there!
Cafe de Walvis
Spaarndammerstraat 516, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands