Known for their awesome nachos, this little bar has a great vibe in the summer or winter. Drop by for lunch, dinner or drinks.
CAFE HARLEM • COZY BAR WITH TASTY NACHOS
Cafe Harlem is an excellent pit stop while shopping on the Harlemmerstraat, or as the beginning or end to a night of bar hopping.
Their menu of yummy eats will tempt you for lunch, dinner or borrel. We like their very tasty sandwiches, like the Harlem Club sandwich or the Rufus Thomas with spicy jalapeño chicken. But many visit Harlem just for their nachos. This hot oven dish filled with tortilla chips, melted cheese, beans, salsa, sour cream, guacamole and jalapeños is awesome to share with a few friends and combines perfectly with a cold beer. They often have several local brews in bottles, so be sure to check!
Harlem offers dinner specials as well. Be sure to check their menu board for the latest offerings. Many meals seem to be inspired by regional American dishes like chili con carne, gumbo and BBQ.
In the wintertime, squeeze inside and sip a beer while watching bicycles go by on Haarlemmerstraat. When the weather’s lovely, snag a seat on their terrace. Cafe Harlem never disappoints.
Haarlemmerstraat 77, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands