Looking for a casual cafe and bar with a laid-back vibe? Check out Noorderlicht!
CAFE NOORDERLICHT • CASUAL LAID-BACK HANGOUT IN NOORD
Café Noorderlicht is located near the NDSM buildings in Amsterdam Noord. When approaching the cafe from the ferry, it may seem like you have entered into an industrial wasteland. But after walking by abandoned and re-purposed warehouses and cracked parking lots you’ll see the rusted iron archway welcoming you to Noorderlicht.
Situated in and around a big half-pipe greenhouse structure, the cafe has a laid-back vibe. Relax inside or out or play pool upstairs. The cafe offers lunch, dinner and snacks. Sandwiches are served on organic bread, and the fish and meats are always sustainable and organic. There are plenty of vegetarian options as well. For dinner you can choose from many entrees or enjoy 3-course meal for around €25.
Noorderlicht often hosts concerts and performances Thursday through Sunday. Check the agenda for the latest acts.
Go for lunch, dinner or just drinks and stay until late and gather around the big bonfire.
NDSM Plein 102, Amsterdam Noord
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands