The stately building on the Leidseplein houses a bar and restaurant, theater, cinema and meeting spaces. Come discover De Balie!
De Balie • Entertainment and Education in the Center of Amsterdam
Originally a District Courthouse, for 30 years De Balie has been a place for the public to meet with artists, politicians, opinion leaders and scientists and discuss developments in society. Squatted in the 1980s, the building has also hosted a variety of theater performances over the years.
Have a drink, snack or meal in the Grand Café before or after a lecture, film or performance – or just spend a few hours there working on your laptop during the day. The bar and restaurant are open all day, from breakfast to after dinner drinks. It’s the perfect central spot to meet.
Kleine Gartmanplantsoen 10, Amsterdam
[map height=”200″ skin=”gray” disable_scrollwheel=”1″][pin icon=”http://e8b.467.
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam