This small cafe and biergarten has a great selection of beer and a yummy menu. And now two locations!
DE BIERTUIN • SIT ON THE TERRACE WITH A BEER IN HAND
With a heated outdoor terrace and cozy cafe indoors, De Biertuin is a great place to go in any weather. Check out the selection of beers on tap, or try something in a bottle. De Biertuin serves brews from nearby Brouwerij ‘t IJ, as well as local brews and beers from the USA, Belgium and other places. Definitely try something from Two Chefs Brewing if they have it on tap. They even have a gluten-free, organic and fairtrade beer called Mongozo! Of course wine and other drinks are also on the menu.
Many come to De Biertuin for the food. Rotisserie chicken is a favorite for lunch or dinner, but there are many other delicious offerings. For a borrel snack, try the Brandt & Levie sausages or the Super Nachos. For lunch there are many options including soups, sandwiches and salads. At dinner, choose from various “meals of the day” or go with the favorite half chicken with fries.
We say if you go for some beers at Brouwerij ‘t IJ and get hungry, hop over to De Biertuin Oost to continue drinking your favorite beers along with some tasty vittles! It’s also a great place to relax after a visit to Artis Zoo, the Tropenmuseum or the Hortus Botanicus.
De Biertuin on Prinsengracht is super convenient when exploring the city center. It’s just a few steps away from the wild and crazy Leidseplein.
Be warned, this place can get popular, so it may be wise to secure a table reservation for dinnertime or with a bigger group.
Linnaeusstraat 29, Amsterdam
Prinsengracht 494, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands