Here are some fun facts about Amsterdam bicycles you might not know!
FUN FACTS ABOUT AMSTERDAM BICYCLES
https://reprosource.com/hospital/viagra-vor-oder-nach-dem-essen/72/ essay over the raven nursing dissertation survey research proposal https://teleroo.com/pharm/file-viewtopic-t-71-viagra/67/ the help thesis writing a scholarly paper go site buy discount viagra online a href dampak mengkonsumsi viagra source link levitra arpin https://caberfaepeaks.com/school/domy-homework-com/27/ general english essays click here dog meds prednisone see autogenic hypothesis evidence https://cadasb.org/pharmacy/clomid-100mg-days-1-5/13/ go here meaning of sildenafil tablets why do you want to be a nurse scholarship essay sample essay about gst write an essay on my father in hindi many men take cialis see url psychology essay writing services synthroid and allergy medications business analysis case study examples pdf writing dissertation in latex http://jeromechamber.com/event/procrastination-research-paper/23/ here 1. Amsterdam has the only museum in the world you can cycle through. Yep, it’s the Rijksmuseum.
2. One of the most photographed sights in Amsterdam is the bicycle parking at Amsterdam Central Station.
3. Bike usage in Amsterdam has grown by more than 40% in the last 20 years.
4. Combined, Amsterdammers bicycle about two million kilometers every day.
5. The City of Amsterdam is investing around €120 million on bicycle infrastructure before 2020, €90 million of which is for creating 38,000 new bike parking places.
6. There are more than 881,000 bicycles in Amsterdam. That’s four times the number of cars.
7. About 57% of Amsterdammers use their bicycle on a daily basis. Yes, even when it snows!
8. The total length of bike paths in Amsterdam is about 400 kilometers.
9. There are 7,800 official bike parking places near Amsterdam Central Station, but more than 8,200 bicycles are typically parked there.
10. Some estimate around 100,000 bicycles are stolen in Amsterdam each year. (or thrown in the canals?)
11. Between 12,000 and 15,000 bicycles are pulled out of Amsterdam’s canals each year.
12. Around 35% of all trips within the city are by bike, compared with 22% by car.
13. Copenhagenize awarded Amsterdam the Most Bicycle Friendly City in the World in 2013 (again)! But in 2017 it slipped to #3. Yikes! Copenhagen and Utrecht are now ahead. Voters said one of the biggest issues Amsterdam cyclists face is the large numbers of scooters in the bike lanes. But the law is changing and this might soon be a problem of the past. We’ll see!
For more information about bicycling in Amsterdam, check out our Complete Guide to Cycling in Amsterdam.
Thanks to the following sources for some of these facts and figures:
Check out our fun facts about the Netherlands and fun facts about Amsterdam!
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam