Filter is a cute and cheerful coffee shop that focuses on local, organic and sustainable products. Check it out!Sweet and friendly Imke Horvers is the founder of Filter and is passionate about green business practices. But her focus on ecological sourcing and local partners doesn’t sacrifice flavor or friendliness.
Filter is conveniently situated in the lobby of the new green hotel/hostel Ecomama. This super cool place is located in a refurbished office building and uses all kinds of reclaimed, repurposed and recycled materials for their furnishings.
We love the bright and open space, with gorgeous wood tables made from reclaimed French train floors and charming art on the walls that Imke scored from local Dutch Etsy artists.
Sit on the sofa and relax with a nice coffee and oatmeal cookie, or grab lunch to go and eat by a canal. Filter is currently open Monday-Friday from 8:00-17:00 and weekends 9:00-18:00. Stop in and check it out!
Valkenburgerstraat 124, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam