FOAM, or FOtografiemuseum AMsterdam, hosts regularly rotating exhibitions by both new and famous photography, video and multimedia artists.
FOAM • AMSTERDAM PHOTOGRAPHY MUSEUM
The FOAM Amsterdam photography museum on Keizersgracht is housed in a beautiful canalside structure with a back garden. Wander through the bright space and look at the works on display. Special exhibitions change regularly, take a look at their website to discover what’s on now, like:
- November 17 – February 7, 2018: Romain Mader
- September 15 – January 10, 2018: Andre Kertesz
- November 17 – January 28, 2018: Anouk Kruithof
In addition to their special exhibits, FOAM often hosts interesting events around Amsterdam like popup events and young talent shows. And there are free guided tours of the exhibits every Thursday evening at 18:30.
Keizersgracht 609, Amsterdam
Helpful hint: If you plan to visit more than three museums within the year, we recommend the Museumkaart for locals. The price of €59 is worth it as entrance to each museum is around €15-20 for adults. If you are visiting Amsterdam take a look at the iAmsterdam card which gives you free transport around the city as well as free entry to many museums and attractions in Amsterdam and Haarlem. Check here for more information and to purchase the iAmsterdam card online. Another option is the Holland Pass which grants free access to several museums and attractions, as well as discounts to others. Check here for more information on the Holland Pass.
You might also like these posts:
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands