Geitenboerderij Ridammerhoeve is a biodynamic goat (and chicken and cow and pig and horse) farm nestled in Amsterdamse Bos. A great spot to take the kids or go buy organic farm products.
GEITENBOERDERIJ RIDAMMERHOEVE • VISIT THE FOREST GOATS
A visit to the goat farm is a ton of fun. Lots of cute baby goats hop and frolic in the fields and pens. Chickens run free. Kids scream and laugh while chasing the goats and chickens and each other. Sounds great right?
Even if you don’t like to observe frolicking animals and children there is a good reason to visit Geitenboerderij Ridammerhoeve. You can buy homemade goat cheese, organic and biodynamic eggs, goat milk, goat milk yogurt, and even goat (and other types of) meat. And on Saturdays there is a small organic farmers market.
Geitenboerderij Ridammerhoeve also serves a nice lunch menu using products from the farm including organic veggies from the gardens …and they have yummy goat milk ice cream!
The goat farm in Amsterdamse Bos is a great destination for the kiddies and those who like to see where their food comes from. The surrounding forest and green fields provide a nice outing as well. Stroll the park’s trails or even rent a canoe for the day.
The Geitenboerderij Ridammerhoeve is one of our favorite hidden spots in Amsterdam. They are open most days from 10-17:00 but check their website for the current opening hours.
Nieuwe Meerlaan 4, Amstelveen
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands