Have you heard? A new southern American style BBQ restaurant and bar has popped up on the Westside! Graceland BBQ serves brisket, smoked ribs and pulled pork, and cocktails too.
This diner and BBQ is the creation of American Brian Nicholas who grew up in New York City and has been active in the music scene in both Amsterdam and NYC for years. He also has a passion and talent for cooking and the restaurant business and has finally opened his first venture: Graceland B-B-Q located at De Marktkantine.
For lunch you’ll find BBQ and sandwiches and at dinner choose from mains including brisket, smoked fish and pulled pork and traditional sides like collard greens, mac ‘n cheese, cornbread and hushpuppies. Ooh and check out the cocktail menu and bourbons.
We enjoyed our whisky sours and Lynchburg lemonades. Don’t miss the delicious sweet potato fries, they might just be the best thing on the menu. We’ll definitely be back for more!
Also don’t miss De Marktkantine itself! It’s a theater, club and creative workspace that will be open from 2014 to 2019. Check their agenda for what’s on!
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam