Stop in to Hay and check out their beautiful Danish decor items, and enjoy a coffee!
HAY AMSTERDAM • SLEEK YET SOFT DANISH DESIGN FOR YOUR HOME
You might already be familiar with Hay, a Danish design brand with stores in Copenhagen, Norway, Germany and Belgium. Lucky for us they have also opened a shop on Spuistraat in Amsterdam.
When you enter the large and bright space the first thing that will probably strike you is the chic minimalist design sensibility perked up with splashes of bright and happy color.
While the products at Hay are minimalist in design they are not without warmth. Check out the beautiful tables by Friday Next with sleek lines and smooth wood. And we loved the cozy looking Mags gray sofa by Hay Studio. Bright pillows add color and comfort.
Furniture is important but the small details matter too, and Hay offers items like natural wooden toothbrushes and hairbrushes, colorful trays for your desk or dressing table and clever wall hooks for hanging your coat. We loved the large yet delicate stemmed glasses painted with a pretty pink panel.
Stop in and check out their beautiful home decor items. While you are there, relax and soak up the Danish design with a coffee and a pastry at De Koffie Salon that is integrated into the space.
Hay Amsterdam opened in the autumn of 2013 and attracts design lovers from around the world. When we popped in last there were groups of visiting Italians and Japanese admiring the products and sipping espressos. If you are a fan of design be sure to check it out and say Hay hay!
Spuistraat 281, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands