The Heineken Experience is one of Amsterdam’s most popular attractions. It offers a tour, interactive expositions, and… free beer!
As one of Amsterdam’s most popular attractions, the Heineken Experience is a museum about the beer brand Heineken and its brewery. It’s located in the former Heineken brewery on Stadhouderskade in Amsterdam and offers a tour, interactive expositions, and… free beer!
The Heineken Experience
The Heineken Experience attracts more than 500,000 visitors annually, and is therefore one of Amsterdam’s most popular attractions. Not very much of a surprise if you know that Amsterdam is Heineken’s place of birth.
In 1867 the building on Stadhouderskade was inaugurated as Heineken’s very first brewery and the building was in use as a brewery for more than 120 years. Parts of the building were demolished in 1991 and the remaining sections were turned into a Heineken information center. In 2001 it was rebranded as the Heineken Experience.
The museum offers a tour, interactive expositions and two cafes. Each visitor gets two free glasses of Heineken, which are included in the entrance fee. The museum also offers a look at history of the company and the brewing process over the years.
Would you like to combine a visit to the Heineken museum with a boat ride? Here are a few cool tours we’ve found:
- Get a fast-track pass to the Heineken Experience and a 75 minute canal cruise too
- Combine your visit to the Heineken Experience with a 75 minute canal cruise and skip-the-line Rijksmuseum tickets
- Enjoy the hop-on-hop-off bus and the Heineken Experience
Tickets and Opening Hours
The Heineken Experience is open Monday through Sunday from 11:00 – 19:00, but be sure to check for special opening hours on their website. Tickets are € 16 each. You can buy your tickets online here or get them at the door.
Stadhouderskade 78, Amsterdam
Had enough Heineken? In the mood to taste local Amsterdam craft beers? Take yourself on self-guided brewery and beer cafe tour of Amsterdam by visiting some of our favorite beer bars and breweries.
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam