If you are into fitness, Het Gymlokaal is definitely a place you want to check out. The spacious 1960s school gymnasiums have been updated with retro-modern work out areas for yoga, parkour, boxing and more.
HET GYMLOKAAL AT DE SCHOOL AMSTERDAM
The newest hotspot in Amsterdam West is De School, an old school built in the 1960s that has been converted to a cool cafe, restaurant, club and gym!
The gym’s locker rooms are also fun, the 1960s style remains but with a nice clean and modern twist. Love the many small details.
Het Gymlokaal focuses on group classes and they offer a variety of interesting courses including parkour, yoga, kickboxing and boxing. Check the schedule here. There are also weights, treadmills and stationary bicycles if you feel like training on your own.
You can pay per class at Het Gymlokaal or join with a monthly membership that you can cancel anytime.
We love this new space and the friendly staff! Be sure to check it out and also De School cafe and restaurant plus their concert venue.
Jan van Breemenstraat 1, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- Keukenhof gardens
- 13 Amsterdam secrets
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam