The Hoftuin is a quiet spot hidden behind the Hermitage museum. This secret garden cafe is the place to go for high tea, lunch or borrel. [CLOSED]
The Hoftuin is the inner garden of the Protestantse Diaconie.
[Hoftuin is now super delicious Dignita!]
Sit indoors in the glass walled cafe or out on the terrace. Be sure to take some time before or after you dine to stroll in the gardens and take a look at the flowers and sculptures. Do you see the small moestuin? The restaurant uses those herbs and veggies in the dishes!
Hoftuin has a terrific menu with sandwiches, salads and a nice beer and wine selection too. The borrel snacks even include vegetarian bitterballen.
If you’d like to come to Hoftuin for their high tea, be sure to book at least 3 days in advance. The mini sandwiches and sweets look divine! We plan to sample them soon.
[CLOSED Hoftuin is now super delicious Dignita!]
Nieuwe Herengracht 18, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam