De Windketel is a tiny octagonal tower in the center of an automobile-free neighborhood near Westerpark. And also a small hotel!
Built in 1897 as part of Amsterdam’s water works, it now contains accommodations that you can rent for a short stay.
Hotel de Windketel is one of Amsterdam’s smallest and most unique hotels. There is lots to see and do in the area. If you’re hungry, check out Cafe Restaurant Amsterdam just a few steps away, or head into Westerpark for many wonderful cafes, clubs, and bars like Mossel en Gin, Pacific Parc, Espressofabriek, WestergasTerras, Brouwerij Troost and Wester Wijnfabriek. Also don’t miss terrific theaters and events NeighbourFood Market, Sunday Market and Rollende Keukens just to name a few, and of course beautiful open spaces.
Hotel de Windketel
Watertorenplein 8c, Amsterdam
Looking for quirky hotels in Amsterdam? Check out Leidinghuis, Sweets Hotel, Faralda Crane Hotel and Hotel Not Hotel too. Or maybe you’d like to stay on a houseboat?
You might also like these posts:
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands