Have you tried okonomiyaki before? These traditional Japanese pancakes make a hearty and flavorful meal and you can find them in the heart of the Jordaan!
JAPANESE PANCAKE WORLD AMSTERDAM
Okonomiyaki! Even the name just sounds fun and exciting.
Okonomiyaki are pancakes made with egg, flour and mountain potato which can then be piled high with all kinds of toppings or the toppings can be included within the pancake. Japanese Pancake World prepares the pancakes in three different styles:
- Osaka-style: The Osaka style is the most common of the three. Choose from a long list of ingredients to include in the pancake like cheese, seafood, vegetables or marinated beef. Pancake sauce and mayonnaise decorate the top of the pancakes, adding flavor and excitement.
- Hiroshima-style: These pancakes have a crêpe-like batter creating a crispy pancake which is usually topped with multiple layers of ingredients including cabbage, noodles and fried egg.
- Negi-yaki: This pancake style comes from Kobe and incorporates spring onions into the pancake batter.
Grab a table inside the charming Japanese Pancake World or sit at the grill and watch as the pancakes are made to order. Try not to drool.
Along with tasty okonomiyaki, the restaurant serves a few appetizers, drinks and desserts.
The chef owner travels back and forth between Amsterdam and Germany, so the restaurant is sometimes closed for a few weeks when he is out of town. Be sure to check the website for the latest hours, or give them a call at +31 (020) 320 4447.
Japanese Pancake World
Tweede Egelantiersdwarsstraat 24a, Amsterdam
[map height=”200″ skin=”gray” disable_scrollwheel=”1″][pin icon=”http://e8b.467.
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 13 Amsterdam secrets
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam