JD William’s is an inviting whisky bar in the heart of the city. With lots of nice whiskys and whisky cocktails plus beer on the menu, there is a lot to like.
The food menu is also very interesting. Korean tacos, sweet potato fries and ahi tuna poke are exotic treats in Amsterdam.
The friendly owners add that special touch. Daniel hails from New York by way of San Francisco and has been active in the music scene for years. After a long search for the perfect location for a whisky bar he found this cute spot on the Prinsenstraat. The bar is cleverly named after his two sons (Jackson and Donovan) and his father William. How sweet! His wife is part of the team in the kitchen and calls upon her Los Angeles roots for menu inspiration.
We’ve enjoyed our whisky cocktails and craft beers here and look forward to returning with more of our whisky loving friends. Try the JD Williams signature cocktail. The homemade spice infusion really takes it to the next level.
Be sure to also check out their special events – the monthly Sunday brunch is a big hit!
We look forward to making this bar one of our favorite neighborhood spots. See you there!
JD William’s Whisky Bar
Prinsenstraat 5, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands