Looking for a super unique and private place to stay in Amsterdam? What about a converted gas factory building in the Westerpark?
SLEEP IN WESTERPARK • STAY IN THE LEIDINGHUIS
Located adjacent to the huge Gashouder, the Leidinghuis consists of two semi-circular structures built in 1902. These buildings housed the giant valves to control the flow of gas.
After lying abandoned for many years, the Leidinghuis was restored, preserving the huge gas valves, old wood rafters and antique tiles. The interior furnishings are designed by Piet Hein Eek.
The space has a meeting or dining table for up to 12 people as well as a bed for 2 guests.
The Westerpark has many wonderful cafes, clubs, and bars (WESTER WIJNFABRIEK, MOSSEL & GIN, PACIFIC PARC, BROUWERIJ TROOST), as well as terrific theaters and events like the SUNDAY MARKET, NEIGHBOURFOOD MARKET and ROLLENDE KEUKENS just to name a few) and of course beautiful open spaces. You can also stay at GUSTAFSON on the other side of the park. Why not stay in the middle of the park and soak up this awesome ambiance?
Looking for quirky hotels in Amsterdam? Check out Hotel de Windketel, Sweets Hotel, Faralda Crane Hotel and Hotel Not Hotel too. Or maybe you’d like to stay on a houseboat?
Klönneplein 1, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands