Sister to the autumn Bokbier festival, the Meibock festival celebrates spring! Head to the Posthoornkerk on Haarlemmerstraat to taste spring beersfrom the Netherlands and abroad..
Meibock Lentebier Festival Amsterdam
The Meibock festival is organized by PINT, the group that also puts on the autumn Bokbier Festival. PINT stands for Promotie Informatie Traditioneel Bier and the organization promotes and teaches about beers all over the Netherlands.
The Meibock beer festival takes place on Sunday April 19th from 13:00 to 20:00. Head to Haarlemmerstraat and taste beer in an old church. How cool! The Posthoornkerk is a monument from the 1800s that is no longer used for religious services.
Entry is €7 which unfortunately does not include the beers, but they only run about €1,50 each. With the entry fee you’ll receive a special festival glass.
You might be asking “OK, but what is Meibock?” PINT defines Meibock basically as a spring beer, released between March 21st and June 21st, that has a certain color profile and does not involve the use of herbs in brewing.
We’re excited to taste some of these spring beers in the Posthoornkerk! See you there!
Need some tips for places to eat before or after the PINT Meibock Festival? Check our guide to the Haarlemmerbuurt neighborhood for lots of great restaurants and cafes nearby.
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam