Get a glimpse into the secret hidden gardens located along Amsterdam’s canals on the 15-17th of June 2018.
Open Tuinen Dagen • Open Garden Days
Open Garden Days is an annual event when many hidden canal house gardens are open to the public for one weekend. This year 2018 it is the 15th, 16th and 17th of June.
It can be difficult to imagine the large and lovely gardens located behind the row of houses on Prinsengracht, Keizersgracht and Singel. Stately English-style gardens, sculpture gardens and small oases of blooms and green leaves are tucked away behind the buildings. In addition to the plants and flowers, don’t miss the pop-up style cafes and shops that can be found in some of the gardens.
Tickets to Open Garden Days grant entry into 30 gardens for all three days from 10am to 17:00. The gardens are all within the center and can be reached by foot or bicycle. If walking that much seems tiresome, just divide your visits over two or three days. Tickets can be purchased on the day of the event for €20 or in advance via the website for €18.
You might also like these posts:
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- Keukenhof gardens
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal tours in Amsterdam