Craving pancakes for breakfast or lunch? Head to this popular cafe (with two locations) to satisfy your desires.
If you’re not from the Netherlands you may not know that pancakes, or pannenkoeken, are a common Dutch food but are not usually eaten for breakfast. However, at Pancakes! you can get these doughy delights all day long.
This cute cafe has the American style fluffy pancakes as well as the thinner Dutch version, in addition to French clafoutis and Turkish mücver. But their creative toppings and add-ins take it all to a new level. Try the Dutch pancake with smoked salmon and guacamole or top yours with nuts, banana and chocolate sauce.
The Pancakes cafe in the Negen Straatjes neighborhood was so popular they opened a second location in the city center just across from Central Station. Pop in any time of day to satisfy your pancake cravings.
Curious to try more traditional Dutch delights? Check out Part I, Part II and Part III of Dutch foods you should try, complete with suggestions on where to taste them in Amsterdam. Or follow our cycling or walking route to find some of these foods in the city.
Berenstraat 38, Amsterdam
Prins Hendrikkade 48, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 13 Amsterdam secrets
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam