Traveling theater festival De Parade returns to Amsterdam this year with more than 90 different theater, music and dance performances for their 25th anniversary!
Held in Martin Luther Kingpark along the Amstel, the festival has something for everyone, young and old. Attend some of the shows or simply relax on one of the many cafe terraces to drink and dine with friends and listen to the free music performances.
Entrance to the festival is FREE before 16:00 so get there early or pay €7.50 entry fee. Kids under 12 and those 65+ are free!
The festival runs from August 7 through 23. Opening times are as follows:
August 8th the festival grounds will open at 17:00.
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday: 15.00 to 01.00
Wednesday & Sunday: 14.00 to 01.00
Friday: 15.00 tot 02.00
Saturday: 14.00 tot 02.00
Performances typically run about 30-45 minutes and range from €2-10 each. Most are in Dutch but of course music and dance need no translation! Check the agenda online to see which performances might interest you. Tickets can be purchased online or at the festival, but be aware that the most popular ones do sell out!
Getting to De Parade
Martin Luther Kingpark is a quick bicycle ride from the center of Amsterdam, or take the number 25 tram and get off at President Kennedylaan.
August 7 through 23, 2015
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- FREE things to do in Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam