Tasty tapas in the heart of Amsterdam? Grab a seat at one of the Pata Negra restaurants and order up an array of tapas, along with wine, beer, cocktails, cava or sangria.
PATA NEGRA • 50 TAPAS X 2 LOCATIONS
An Amsterdam favorite since 1997, this Spanish restaurant serves a list of more than 50 tapas. Go with a group so you can sample a wide selection. Try the pimientos de padron, the delicious Russian roulette of mild chiles that can sometimes be spicy. Pa amb, patatas bravas and gambas al ajillo are always favorites. The fried chorizo is perfectly greasy and delicious with a cold beer or margarita.
Love Spanish ham? Don’t miss the eponymous pata negra jamón ibérico, a big plate of sliced meat that is sure to satisfy any carnivore. Take note that this special tapa is 2-3x the price of the others. Perhaps it is twice as delicious!
The ambiance at Pata Negra is that of an old taverna with hand-painted tile murals decorating the walls, braided garlic and jamón hanging from the rafters, and graffiti on the ceilings. In the summertime, sit at a table outside and watch the Utrechtsestraat traffic go by.
If you are a tapas fan, don’t miss the original location on Utrechtsestraat and the second Pata Negra location in Oost.
Utrechtsestraat 124, Amsterdam
Reinwardstraat 1, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands