Small plates for sharing is not a new concept, but Pikoteo in Amsterdam West brings Spain, Asia and South America together for a taste sensation.
A cute neighborhood cafe tucked away in the Zeeheldenbuurt, Pikoteo offers a special experience in a casual setting. The restaurant is colorful and fun, bringing to mind Spanish contemporary art and design. Graphic art is on the walls and clever touches are everywhere.
The local restaurant serves a tapas themed menu with small dishes that fuse Latin and Asian flavors. We tried at least half of the menu, and everything was tasty!
Scallop ceviche was fresh and lemony, tuna tataki was flavorful, and the entrecôte with chimichurri packed a punch.
Pikoteo serves wine, beer and cocktails. It’s a popular spot with the neighborhood foodies so be sure to secure a reservation or just pop in for a seat at the bar. It’s a great bustling place for a date night or catch up with your friends.
Houtmankade 9, Amsterdam
[map height=”200″ skin=”gray” disable_scrollwheel=”1″][pin icon=”http://e8b.467.
You might also like these posts:
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- Keukenhof gardens
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam