An oh-so-charming cafe in the Jordaan, PIQNIQ serves yummy breakfast, lunch, sweets, tea, juice and coffee.
The café’s name PIQNIQ comes from the French pique a nique. They say that pique means “choose or pick” while nique stands for “a little something”.
The gourmet sandwiches are on the small side allowing you to order more than one, picking a little something here and there like a picnic in the park. Or go for the PIQNIQ meal and choose two or three items from their list of warm and cold sandwiches, salads and quiche.
We’ve dropped by PIQNIQ a few times after shopping at the Noordermarkt. While their sandwiches are very tasty, we simply love their soups. Fresh, light and delicious, it’s the perfect snack to warm you up and send you on your way.
Stop by this cute, friendly cafe for a chat with a friend or to read the newspaper. PIQNIQ serves breakfast, lunch, cookies and cakes, fresh juices and smoothies, as well as wine and beer.
Lindengracht 59, Amsterdam
In the mood for soup? Check out some of our other favorite spots for soup in Amsterdam.
You might also like these posts:
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 12 fun things to do in winter
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam