This restaurant and bar built of used shipping containers has a relaxed beach ambiance and an amazing view of Amsterdam.
PLLEK • RELAX ON AMSTERDAM’S FAVORITE CITY BEACH
Just a 20 minute ferry ride from Centraal Station, Pllek may give you the feeling of a beach holiday.
Pllek is an interesting concept. The restaurant is contructed of used shipping containers stacked to form a C shape, then covered by a high curving roof. The front of the restaurant opens to a beautiful IJ view with picnic tables and a “beach” of tan gravel.
On a sunny day, relax on the beach chairs in the gravel with a beer in hand and watch the ships go by on the IJ. You may want to kick off your shoes but we’d caution looking before you step, lots of rusty old nails hide in the gravel mix! When the weather is not so nice, cuddle up inside on the comfy sofas upstairs or down.
Pllek serves lunch, dinner and snacks. The bread with spreads is a popular borrelhapje, while the meals are made with organic and sustainable meats and veggies.
The space also hosts music, parties, films and a variety of cultural activities like outdoor films, art exhibits, kids programs, morning yoga and Tai Chi. Check the agenda for the latest info.
To get to Pllek, take the free ferry from Centraal Station to NDSM Wharf (about 20 minutes) and follow the signs for the 5 minute walk to Pllek.
TT Neveritaweg 59, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- 13 Amsterdam Secrets
- De Foodhallen
- Nine Streets Neighborhood Guide
- Top 10 museums in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Dutch food bicycle route in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- 10 fun facts about the Netherlands