Not just a hotel bar, Pulitzer’s Bar is a classy lounge where you can enjoy fancy cocktails and nibbles in your own secluded corner.
The Pulitzer Hotel has recently undergone extensive renovations and it seems the wait was worth it. The bar is elegantly appointed with jewel colors and comfortable furnishings. Find your own little area whether by a window overlooking the Keizersgracht, in a cozy corner, or at the bar watching the staff at work. The area with lots of potted plants is probably my favorite. Perhaps you’ll find me there?
Hotel bars can sometimes be charmless and dull, but not Pulitzer’s. The cocktail list is short but inventive and the bartenders are willing to make you a classic favorite or a unique creation. There is even a cocktail served on a bed of hay. So creative! We loved the pineapple julep, served with a slice of dried pineapple that was better than any dessert. I also loved the touch of the stainless steel straws, wasteful plastic straws are a personal pet peeve of mine. Anyway, I digress.
In addition to cocktails, wine, beer and other beverages, Pulitzer’s Bar also serves bites to go along with your drinks. Or check out Jansz next door, we hope to soon!
Pulitzer’s Bar is a new favorite of ours, see you there!
Keizersgracht 234, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- Keukenhof gardens
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- A guide to “coffeeshops” in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Top canal boat tours in Amsterdam