Drop by Raw Materials for interesting, earthy goods for decorating your home.
When entering the Raw Materials shop on Rozengracht you’ll likely have the urge to sample the merchandise. Weathered wood, tumbled glass, peeling paint, rusting metal, smooth ceramic and soft fabrics seem to call out to be touched.
The majority of the items at Raw Materials are recycled, used, made from natural materials, or are new with a weathered look. Some items like the Cowboysbelt leather belts and handbags are local products from Amsterdam, others are imported like their kilim rug collection.
We love the beautiful weathered wood furniture, the olive wood salad bowls, the huge glass jugs, and the industrial lighting fixtures. In fact, we pretty much love everything in Raw Materials and would happily live there.
Prices are not exactly cheap but the items are lovingly and carefully selected. Sure you could search far and wide for that perfect antique Belgian oyster basket, or save time and energy by letting Raw Materials find it for you.
You can browse some of their stock online but be sure to stop by the shop Monday through Saturday to fully enjoy their amazing mix of pieces.
Rozengracht 231, Amsterdam
You might also like these posts:
- Vintage clothing shopping in Amsterdam
- Sleep on a houseboat in Amsterdam
- 15 specialty beer bars in Amsterdam
- Things to do on a rainy day in Amsterdam
- Amsterdamse Bos
- Haarlem: day trip from Amsterdam
- 25 top coffee spots in Amsterdam
- Best garden cafes in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam street art
- 40+ breakfast and brunch spots in Amsterdam
- Vegetarian restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best parks in Amsterdam
- 23 FREE things to do in Amsterdam